Montgomery County Pct. 4 "Hot Spot" Tream
EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY, October 26, 2013 - The Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constable’s Office has launched a new method of attacking crime, known as The Hot Spot Team. A small group of officers is assigned to the Team, which includes both uniform and undercover officers. They execute felony and misdemeanor warrants, investigate tips, and generally go wherever they’re needed and will be most effective because of the frequency and/or concentration of criminal activity.
Research by the National Institute of Justice shows the “Hot Spot” method of policing is extremely effective and Precinct 4’s initial results support that contention. Some theories have suggested the method increases crime in surrounding areas. However, in reality, in-depth studies show Hot Spot policing reduces crime in the “hot spots” and in the surrounding areas.
The first two weeks of the new program in Precinct 4 were very successful, with 30 arrests the first week (9 felony and 21 misdemeanor) and 32 arrests during the second week (16 felony and 15 misdemeanor). The Hot Spot Team arrested 11 people on various charges in a single day. Their efforts, so far, have resulted in the confiscation of cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine, multiple illegally possessed prescription drugs, and the recovery of five firearms that were illegally in the possession of criminals.
Precinct 4 Constable Kenneth “Rowdy” Hayden said he was thrilled with the first two weeks’ results and looks forward to even greater success.
“We’re always looking for more effective and efficient ways of reducing crime in East Montgomery County and I believe we made a good decision when we implemented the Hot Spot method,” Constable Hayden said. “I think the results speak for themselves.”
Below are the 31 arrests made by the Hot Spot Team during their second week, from October 13 through October 19. These do not represent all of the Precinct 4 Constable’s Office arrests for the past week.
- ATKINSON, JOHNNY EDWARD, 1/12/1994, 16065 TREE MONKEY RD, CONROE, INSTANTER, D410, POSS CS PG 1 <1G, 3000,
- BLANCO, ROBERTO CARLOS, JR, 8/18/1976, 20426 RAVENWING DR, PORTER, 309535AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200, 2013-61, OOC-SAN-JACINTO, MTR/MISD, 1000,
- BRYAN, SHANNON LYNN, 12/23/1971, 31 BAYETTE, MAGNOLIA, 1358708, OOC-HARRIS, POSS CS PG 3 >= 28G<200G, NOBOND,
- DEAN, JONATHAN ANTHONY, 8/22/1986, 15130 FIRETOWER RD, CONROE, 308197AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200, 172621, MUPV, SPEEDING- 15 MILES OR OVER, 200, 172621, MUPV, VIOLATE PROMISE TO APPEAR, 200,
- DEFOOR, ERNEST EUGENE, JR, 5/10/1978, 16423 TRENDA CT., CONROE, 130909705, D221, SURETY TO SURR/FELONY, 30000, 13-291622, CCL4, TERRORISTIC THREAT CAUSE FEAR OF IMMINENT SBI, 1500,
- DOWNEY, BOBBIE NOELLE, 5/14/1991, 19625 GASLIGHTER LANE, NEW CANEY, 308008AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, , 5052013-07514325, PARB, BLUE WARRANT, ,
- FENLEY, DEBRA ANN, 4/12/1974, 21048 LOST LAKES DR, PORTER, 239203, JP1, OPEN CONTAINER, 200, 239203A, JP1, VIOLATE PROMISE TO APPEAR, 200, 239203AA, JP1, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200,
- FIFE, DUSTIN GENE, 9/15/1987, 361 OAK KNOLL CT, HUFFMAN, 13-287887, CCL1, OOA/THEFT,
- GAMMONS, RHONDA LYNN, 8/17/1982, 1526 MADGE STREET, HOUSTON, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 1 >= 200G < 400G, 75000,
- GOURLEY, LLOYD, 1/30/1975, 26644 CAROL LANE, SPLENDORA, 285075AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200,
- HEITMAN, SHARON DENICE, 8/8/1972, 18496 OAK DR, CONROE, INSTANTER, D410, POSS CS PG 1 <1G, 3000,
- HOLLIS, CHARLES WILSON, JR, 9/16/1963, 18087 OLD HWY 105, CLEVELAND, S-03-5834FL-C, OOC-SAN-PATRICIO, FTA - CIVIL, 5000,
- HOWARD, JAMES LEON, 10/23/1978, 23977 MCSHAN LANE, PORTER, 309718AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, , 130808285, D435, BOND FORFEITURE/FEL, NOBOND,
- JOHNSON, DICKY EARL, 3/30/1971, 24091 WEST TERRACE, PORTER, INSTANTER, CCL4, PROH WEAPON KNUCKLES, 750, INSTANTER, CCL4, POSS MARIJ <2OZ, 500,
- JOHNSON, JENIFER LORENE, 10/12/1970, 24091 WEST TERRACE, PORTER, INSTANTER, D359, POSS CS PG 1 <1G, 1500,
- JUAREZ, VICTOR EMANUEL, 3/27/1990, 11918 BEEVILLE DR, HOUSTON, INSTANTER, CCL1, POSS MARIJ <2OZ, 500,
- KRUEGER, BRIAN ALLEN, 7/11/1973, 6652 LAWNDALE ST, HOUSTON, 1404191, OOC-HARRIS, BURGLARY OF BUILDING, 15000,
- LANGSTON, DANNY RAY, 2/10/1983, 1118 MARKS COURT, PORTER, 276861AB, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 276861, JP4, PUBLIC INTOXICATION, ,
- LUNA, MARIE, 9/24/1985, 20426 RAVENWING DR, PORTER, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 3/4 >=28G <200G, 10000, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 3/4 < 28G, 1500, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 3/4 >=28G <200G, 10000,
- MARTINEZ, YULIA, 6/13/1985, 11918 BEEVILLE, HOUSTON, INSTANTER, CCL1, POSS MARIJ <2OZ, 500,
- MCCLESKEY, JERRY, 1/4/1963, 20820 STEVENS, NEW CANEY, 72013-0350645 PARDONS AND PAROLE, BLUE WARRANT, OOC-SAN JACINTO - 2013-3-12-CR THEFT; OOC-HARRIS - 1402465, BURGLARY OF A BUILDING
- MEDILLIN, SYLVIA, 6/21/1967, 20574 RAVENWOOD, PORTER, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 3/4 >=28G <200G, 10000, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 3/4 < 28G, 1500,
- PRUDENCIO, LACY MARIE, 2/24/1982, 920 I 45 SOUTH, CONROE, INSTANTER, D359, POSS CS PG 1 <1G, 1500,
- RAWSON, LARRY DALE, JR, 2/5/1983, 5618 BREEN ST, HOUSSTON, 309303AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, , INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 1 >= 4G < 200G, 75000, INSTANTER, D410, UNL POSS FIREARM BY FELON, 50000,
- REYNA, ARMANDINA, 11/9/1982, 6421 HERMANN RD 37, HOUSTON, INSTANTER, D410, MAN/DEL CS PG 1 >= 4G < 200G, 75000, INSTANTER, D410, UNL POSS FIREARM BY FELON, 50000, INSTANTER, D410, POSS CS PG 1 >=1G<4G,
- SAMUEL, AMBERLEY KAY, 6/30/1994, 22811 FORD RD, PORTER, INSTANTER, CCL4, THEFT PROP>=$50<$500, 500,
- SMOOT, BILLY JOE, 11/21/1989, 4545 KINGWOOD DR, HUMBLE, 311309AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200,
- SPEARMAN, JAMES MINYARD, JR, 6/21/1979, 20210 JULIES CIRCLE, NEW CANEY, 04-200774, CCL4, CAPIAS PROFINE/MISD, , 231642, JP4, SPEEDING, , 231642A, JP4, VIOLATE PROMISE TO APPEAR, , 231642AA, JP4, FAILURE TO APPEAR, , 231643, JP4, MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION VIOLATION, FAILURE TO APPEAR,
- THOMAS, CHRISTOPHER BURTON, 1/3/1972, 21048 LOST LAKES DR, NEW CANEY, 239204, JP1, DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED- S/R, 200, 239204A, JP1, VIOLATE PROMISE TO APPEAR, 200, 239204AA, JP1, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200, 239204AAA, JP1, FAILURE TO APPEAR, 200,
- WILGANOWSKI, TERRY MONROE, 11/26/1983, 23654 2ND ST, NEW CANEY, 13-289889, CCL1, BURGLARY OF VEHICLE, 750,
- WOOD-EDWARDS, TIFFANY ANN, 8/28/1980, 19886 SCOTT GARDNER ROAD, NEW CANEY, INSTANTER, CCL4, POSS DANGEROUS DRUG, 500, INSTANTER, CCL4, POSS CS PG 3 < 28G, 500,